Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm tired!

Permit me to rant about my frustrations for a second...

I'm tired of being in debt.
I'm tired of evading phone calls cuz it just might be the creditors calling.
I'm tired of having to look at price tags before 'liking' a dress in the store.
I'm tired of eating to fill my tummy and quench my hunger and not having the liberty to eat what i want.
I'm tired of waiting till 6pm to answer my phone or avoid making long distance calls cuz of my high phone bills.
I'm tired of being broke!!
I'm tired of begging people to support me and my good cause..can i just be Oprah for a day and GIVE rather than beg?!?
I'm tired of begging for money for this wonderful project 'm working on
I'm tired of having to schmooze with people 'd normally not talk to cuz i need their help/money/connection
I'm tired of people getting my hopes up only to disappoint me
I'm tired of playing safe
I'm tired of being a good girl...i wanna trade places
I'm sooo tired of keeping quiet so i dont offend you with my words
I'm tired of whining and crying
I'm tired of 'hanging in there'. 've been doing that since...well, since i was born
I'm tired of managing
I'm tired of insufficient funds; mortgage bills; Tax bills; Hydro bills; cable bills; bills; bills; bills.. Every where i look
I'm soo tired of these damn envelopes coming in the mail
I'm tired of your fake promises and false hopes
I'm tired of having to please you and every one
I'm tired of setting goals and not achieving them
I'm tired of being compared to others; Can i just be me for a quick second?
I'm tired of being taken for granted
I'm tired of trying to be an 'A' student so what if i'm a 'B' student?
I'M tired of being judged by the color of my lipstick and the size of my heels and even the length of my skirt..i want to be judged by my abilities and my talents...better still dont even judge me at all..who made you a judge?

I really have had enough and 'm positive the tide is turning!!

But as always, 'm gonna package all my cares and burdens very neatly and hand it over to God...and thats where 'm leaving it!

*Sigh* I feeeel better.Thank you for your listening ears or your open eyez


Toodles
-Ehi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am tired too!!! so so very tired! dont worry i see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Anonymous said...

""I'm tired of being judged by the color of my lipstick and the size of my heels and
even the length of my skirt..i want to be judged by my abilities and my talents...better still don't even judge me at all..who made you a judge?""

Love that line. As a woman, its hard to express your femininity and not be taken for granted.

Anonymous said...

Ehi,
You'll be the pride of any man, any day.
Don't allow despair to overwhelm you.
Within you lies so much delight than you can ever conceive.

134ElitZ Magazine said...

Awww...whoever this admirer is, u just made my day/week/month/year..lol..Thanks alot!

Anu, i agree with u..we need some female enpowerment..lol